The adrenal glands are responsible for us being able to cope with stress. Stress can be physical, emotional, and/or biochemical. Most people who develop weak adrenal glands have had either episodes of severe stress or chronic stressors. Some examples: divorce, pregnancy, car accident, death or illness of someone close, extreme dieting, junk food diet, working long hours, history of abuse or neglect.
Symptoms of weak adrenals:
- weakness/fatigue/low energy
- poor endurance
- "wiped out" during or after stress or exercise
- tend to be allergic / sensitive to odors
- need to eat regularly (hypoglycemia)
- aches, pains and stiffness
- tendency to get - bursitis, tendonitis, arthritis (inflammation which takes longer than normal to go away)
- recurrent infection / sore throat
- lightheadedness / low blood pressure
Using nutrition and natural hormonal support as well as lifestyle changes and stress management techniques this problem can be addressed successfully.
For more information read:
Adrenal Exhaustion, by James Wilson, N.D.
The Patients Book of Nutritional Healing, by Jonathan V. Wright, M.D.